Goal: to improve coaches’ and trainer’s ability to provide high quality, educated strength training to pregnant and postpartum women at all stages and of all fitness backgrounds.
PREGNANCY AND POSTPARTUM FUNCTIONAL FITNESS LEVEL 1 CERTIFICATION
Course: Eight hours instruction (one or two day options). Certification manual provided to each participant. Instruction includes lecture, demonstration, hands on experience and a workout.
Cost: $350 per guest coach/trainer. Minimum 10 attendees. Hosting gym can choose between discounted rate for coaches/trainers ($250) or 10% of course earnings.
- Recognize myths and bad information that is circulating.
- Know basic anatomy of the pelvic floor, how it functions and how to cue up-training and down-training of the pelvic floor.
- Understand how the pelvic floor operates within the bigger core stabilization system.
- Be able to recognize poor posture and correct it through cueing and/or modification.
- Be able to recognize pathological breathing patterns and correct it through cueing and/or modification.
- Be able to recognize ineffective stabilization strategies and correct it through cueing and/or modification.
- Understand the mindset of athletes in pregnancy and postpartum for effective communication and coaching.
- Have basic knowledge of the physiological changes in pregnancy and postpartum with coaching implications throughout.
- Be familiar with signs and symptoms of dysfunction in addition to common diagnoses and what to consider in coaching someone with each of them.
- Know the contraindications to exercise and be able to recognize when referral in indicated.
- Effectively integrate posture, breath and muscle recruitment into functional movement and weightlifting for effective strength and conditioning of the pregnant and postpartum population.
PREGNANCY AND POSTPARTUM FUNCTIONAL FITNESS LEVEL 2 CERTIFICATION
Currently in development…
- Training principles
- Movement breakdowns/modification
- Accessory exercises
- Body weight exercises
- Weight lifting (KB and DB)
- Postpartum running